Thursday, January 18, 2007

Educations system and telus...what do they have in common?

So, now that I have decided to take a semester off. So that someday I can afford to go back and finish my education. I have now have the need to find employment. This is not that hard of a task one would think in the job market in which we are living in right now.
**Warning to all those who might work for Telus**

So far, I would not say that it has been hard finding work. Well, I have a job. It is waiting for me. The position has been empty since it was created in November. I pretty much have an in. It is at the elementary school that my mom works at. The principle told me to apply for this job. It is in a kindergarten class. I also know the teacher of the class and she asked me today when I get to start working. That is the question. I applied for this job before Christmas through the wonderful world of Telus. Cause Telus knows so much about hiring people to work with children. Yeah for the school board contracting out staffing. So, about a month ago I applied for this position. I sent my resume off to the person that the principle said that she was in contact with. A week ago I get a message from another woman wanting to do a phone interview. So, I call her back. First of all she can't find my resume. That is aways a good sign. Then there were some lovely interview questions that were unrelated to working with children and ones more relating to an office setting. Me being me I just kinda wanted to get it over with and done. So, I answered the best I could and told her I would email her my resume and references. This I did and then the next thing I hear is that she found my resume but hadn't received my references. So I again send her my references. So, today I find out that I am dealing with one lady and the principle of the school another. The principle is really trying to speed up the process as much as possible. Cause it has only been a month since a applied and 2 months since she started the process of hiring anyone for this position. So, someone anyone tell me why the school board would make such a crappy decision to give over the hiring to Telus. It is not like they are doing a wonderful job at it.

No comments: