Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Oh love again....

Tonight when I was hanging out with some friends. One being one of my best friends who recently started dating someone. This someone also being a friend. I thought that it was going to be completely weird. But it wasn't as bas as I had thought it would be. In some ways I now think that I always thought of them together. Though it does concern me how fast the feelings are going at least from one of the sides of the party. Which of course got me thinking while sitting in the middle of all these couples tonight.

What am I looking for?

At this point yes I am happy with me and I really am not actively looking. That being said if someone came along I would not be against it. I just am not looking actively. I now know what I want more then I did a year ago and even more then I did 4 months ago.

I want someone that loves God. Not just someone that has faith and believes. But actively loves God. In the idea that what they do is to explore God and know him better.

I want someone that has strong value of family. That their family is very important to them. This also means not dysfunctional.

I want someone that goes the extra mile. I love flowers. Only ONCE has anyone ever brought me flowers and that was when I turned 6. Presents no matter how big...are a wonderful thing. I am special and worth it!

I want a gentlemen. I like having the door opened for me. I like being treated special cause I am!

I want someone else to do the work. I have never dated someone that I haven't made the first move with. It is time to find someone that will instead.

I have no question that this person is out there and sometimes I think closer then I think. When the time is right then I know that God will place this person in the right place at the right time. It's the whole patients thing! As a woman like most we hate waiting for things.

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

I'm always torn when my friends start dating. On one hand, I love to be involved and actively support something which I can see God's blessing on. On the other hand, the temptation to stay away until they've settled down is also rather tempting as I'm really not a big fan of the, albeit unspoken, "you're still single!" message.

You've defined what God wants for you in a man, hold to it. Wait faithfully, and patiently (whenever possible), for the princely fellow that He has in mind.