Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Passing on your fate....

With or Without you

Sleight of hand and twist of fate
On a bed of nails (you) she makes me wait
And I wait without you

With or without you
With or without you

-U2


"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certin of what we do not see."
- Hebrews 11:1

As I sit down to write this wonderful post...I use the word fate in very very loss terms. I do almost hate fate. But some how no other word fits. Future just doesn't fit because it's not just the future that is effected it is the here and now. Destiny just seems way to much of a romanticized feel good term. Doom just feels bad. So, I am stuck with fate.


Fate...the universal principle or ultimate agency by which the order of things is presumably prescribed; the decreed cause of events; time:

I am feeling like I can't give up my fate. I am feeling lost in the idea that my own fate has been placed in someone else's hands and I have no control over it.It is not like I am giving it to God. It is the hands of actual people. In some way I am handing it to God in directly. It's HUMANS though and we all know that humans make mistakes. It is a scary even terrifying thought that what others do effect the outcome of your own life. This is the way that I am feeling. That important people around me are right now making life choices that in the end will effect the way that life will end up for me.


"If the Lord delights in a man's way he makes his steps firm;
though he stumbles, he will nit fall, for the Lord upholds him with his hand."
- Psalm 37:23-24


I am not saying in anyway that I believe that God has no part in this. It is just right now the security of what I think God wants from me may not be what God wants for someone else. If that at all makes sense. It is the uncertainty of God's will in my life and how that correlates to that of other people. It is there for like I am putting my trust in God's plan and there in turn trusting that He is working in the lives of other so that the plan can be completely realized.


"For the Lord loves the just and will not forsake his faithful ones."
- Psalm 37:28a

I have huge problems with leaving my fate up to others. I have become a go getter in the sense that if I want something I should do whatever is needed to get it. I have not always been like this. It is the understanding of my own goals that has lead me to be this type of person. So, when it comes for me to return to the passive type it is a hard thing to transition to. This is very true when it effects my life goals as well. I become anxious and not settled.


"Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him;
do not fret when men succeed in their ways.
when they carry out their wicked schemes."
- Psalms 37:7

I guess that in some way it is God stretching me to be better. I should rise to the unknown in my life. I should stretch who I am.

No comments: