Friday, December 03, 2004

I have not been swallowed by the term end monster!

Well...So I guess it has really been awhile....

I went to chapel today....*insert singing of that great standby "Going to the chapel"* funny thing is that most people that go to chapel together end up married or at least dating....Little Bridle school knowledge for yah! Anywho...It was an awesome chapel talking about our Father and how he likes to lavish us with gifts...Cause we are his children!

If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him! - Matthew 7:11

I really feel like I have been blessed this school year with some wonderful and great people around me...I feel like my heavenly Father has blessed me with what he feels I needed most this year...Before I knew it myself!

This also lead me to the thought of unanswered prayers...And no matter what we pray and what we want God in heaven knows what we need! For that I am so grateful! Cause I know that some of the prayers that I have had over the last 6 months have been for things that I never really needed...And sometimes from people that really can't give it! So like Garth Brooks song "Unanswered Prayers" I truly thankful that God doesn't answer all prayers...Cause then I would not be here where I am today with the people I am.

So the Great Jen Challenge of this Christmas season... Think about the prayers that have been answered and think of thoughts that haven't...Maybe like me you will see that there are great reasons why some are answered and some are not...Take the time to Praise God for both... Cause he always knows what's best!

Jen

Unanswered Prayers

Just the other night a hometown football game
My wife and I ran into my old high school flame
And as I introduced them the past came back to me
And I couldn't help but think of the way things used to be

She was the one that I'd wanted for all times
And each night I'd spend prayin' that God would make her mine
And if he'd only grant me this wish I wished back then
I'd never ask for anything again

Sometimes I thank God for unanswered prayers
Remember when you're talkin' to the man upstairs
That just because he doesn't answer doesn't mean he don't care
Some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers

She wasn't quite the angel that I remembered in my dreams
And I could tell that time had changed me
Inn her eyes too it seemed
We tried to talk about the old days
There wasn't much we could recall
I guess the Lord knows what he's doin' after all

And as she walked away and I looked at my wife
And then and there I thanked the good Lord
For the gifts in my life

Sometimes I thank God for unanswered prayers
Remember when you're talkin' to the man upstairs
That just because he may not answer doesn't mean he don't care
Some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers

Some of God's greatest gifts are all too often unanswered...
Some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers

No comments: